Basic Sciences and Humanities is a bridge that connects pure science with engineering practices.
It aims to provide the foundation for students of engineering and is one of the indispensable departments of the institute.
The department includes the subjects like Applied Mechanics, Basic Civil Engineering, Engineering Physics, Engineering Mathematics, Engineering Chemistry, Environmental Awareness and Professional Communication.
The department has well equipped laboratories which enable faculty and students to employ fundamental principles to create innovative new technologies.
The need for reading basic sciences in the engineering courses is emphasized and focused which prepares the student for higher courses in main stream of engineering.
The department plays a major role for creating students an appreciation for the fundamentals in Basic Sciences from all branches of Engineering which can perform better in their chosen areas of study.
Development in Basic Sciences promotes progress in related fields of Engineering.
Student's attendance and academic performance is monitored regularly and the report is sent to the parents from time to time. In order to have a close look at all matters relating to the performance and discipline of the students, a proctor system is constituted at department
The main objectives of the Department:
1. To build a strong foundation of basic science for engineers and understand science at work.
2. To lay strong base at the first year stage so that the grasp of engineering streams becomes easily accessible. The clarity of concepts in pure sciences goes a long way to help them in engineering streams.
3. To improve communication skills of students as per the industrial needs.
4. To build an ability to understand and interpret the impact of engineering solution for society.
5. To understand applications of basic science, so that technology and their advancements can be understood and applied.
The strength of the Department:
1. Well qualified and experienced teaching staff.
2. Proctor system.
3. Spacious classroom with LCD projector.
4. Arranges various programme for the students enrichment such as Spoken English Workshop, Mind power training, Career guidance programme etc.